Over the past decade, Axial has been synonymous with crawlers and the scale trail community for creating vehicles that inspires endless adventure and creative freedom. Something interesting started to evolve and a trend began to appear, 4WD straight axle Monster Jam® Trucks. What better to build upon that trend than to offer one of the most striking trucks within Monster Jam®, MAX-D™. Since 2003, MAX-D™ has won 11 Monster Jam World Finals® championships and brought crowds to their feet with daredevil maneuvers and non-stop excitement. Amongst a lineup of Monster Jam® Trucks, the low slung futuristic SUV body with yellow, red and silver paint scheme combined with chrome spikes is an instant grabber. Axial went all out when designing the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10™ MAX-D™ Monster Jam® Truck. Very similar to modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance.
- Officially Licensed Monster Jam® Vehicle
- Scale SMT10™ Tube Frame Chassis w/4-Link Trailing Arm Suspension
- Fully Ballraced AR60 OCP Axles w/Dual Shear Steering Knuckles
- AX10 Transmission w/32DP Gears
- Easy-Access Battery Tray
- Threaded Oil-Pressure Shocks
- Double-Disc Dual Slipper Clutch (32DP)
- Rear Sway Bar For Added Stability
- Heavy-Duty C-Hubs & Steering Links
- WB8-HD Wild Boar™ Centre Driveshafts
- Waterproof Radio Box
- Detailed Grave Digger® Polycarbonate Body Shell
- 2.2“ BKT Monster Jam Tyres
- 2.2“ Monster Truck Wheels
- AE-5 Waterproof ESC (Star/Deans Connector)
- 27T Motor
- Tactic TSX45 Water-Resistant Servo
- Tactic TTX300 3Ch Steerwheel Transmitter
SMT10 Tube Frame Chassis
Axial went all out when designing the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10™ Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck. Very similar to the modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance. The chassis offers many pivot points for suspension tuning. Scale realism and strength are achieved through triangulation of the chassis tubes, making it ready for maximum attack and hard core Monster Truck bashing.
2.2 BKT Monster Jam Tires
BKT is the official and exclusive tire manufacturer of Monster Jam and its fleet of monster trucks. BKT has designed and developed the special BKT Monster Jam Tire, a purpose-built tire to handle the rigors of Monster Jam Truck racing and freestyle competition. The 1/10 scale BKT tire is modeled to provide scale realism and maximum performance for your Axial Monster Jam Truck.
Heavy Duty Hydraulic Ram Style Steering Links
For steering, we’ve designed a heavy duty tie rod, drag link, and simulated scale hydraulic ram steering link to help get the massive BKT tires pointed in the right direction so you can stay on course.
Trailing Arm 4-Linked Rear Suspension
The SMT10™ features the proven AR60 axle with a trailing arm 4-linked rear suspension and additional shock mounting positions.
The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of our axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Off-center pumpkin design
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- Updated steering knuckles for dual shear, also eliminates secondary bolt on plate
- Updated differential cover and servo mount for new look
Updated Dual Pad slipper system with 32 Pitch gearing. New slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. More precise tuning and holding power. Stronger 32P gearing for high torque applications. 56T Spur / 11T Pinion RTR gearing for 3S. Includes 16T Pinion for 2S.
- Three gear layout
- Metal motor plate
- 32P gearing
- Heavy duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
WB8 HD Driveshafts
Updated design for larger diameter crosspin (2x11mm) for added strength. New center splined slider floats between each end, added material on this part reduces flex and fatigue.
Dual Slipper Clutch
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
- Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
- More precise tuning and holding power
- Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications
Waterproof Receiver Box
The waterproof receiver box utilizes three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
Easy Access Battery Tray
The battery tray can be easily accessed at the rear of the vehicle. To install your battery, remove one pin, swing out the tray door and slide the battery pack in. The tray is fully height adjustable with four screws, making room for most standard sized 2S and 3S LiPo battery packs.
MAX-D Replica Polycarbonate Body and Molded Interior with Driver Figure
- • .040 polycarbonate replica of the Max-D™ Monster Jam® truck
• .040 scale interior with driver figure
• Detailed chrome character face
• Chrome fender flares with spikes
• White helmet set
• Optional chrome spikes
- Length: 19" (483mm)
- Width: 13.2" (335mm)
- Height: 10.6" (273mm)
- Wheelbase: 13.9" (353mm)
- Ground Clearance: 2.9" (74mm)
- Weight: 7.11lbs (3.22kg) estimated with electronics
- Motor: Axial 27T Electric Motor
- Radio: Tactic TTX300 3-CHANNEL SLT RADIO, 2.4gHz
- Servo: Tactic TSX45 Servo. Torque: 6.0V 151 oz-in, 4.8V 143 oz-in
- ESC: AE-5, forward/reverse, drag brake, 3S LiPo compatible, waterproof
*Required for operation; Battery Pack (2S LiPo, or 7.2V NiMH), Suitable Charger, AA Batteries.